Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Criminal Attorney Posting....

I found this posting in Yahoo Answers!. This was a great posting from a mother whose son is charged with Murder. At the end I will comment.
_______________________________________________
Can someone help me find an affordable criminal attorney in Atlanta?I need a criminal attorney for my son that's facing a murder charge. I have contacted several people however they are asking between 10k and 25k, I know there is someone out there cheaper than that!
RDo a web search or contact the state BAR for advise. Remember, in a matter this serious, you get what you pay for. If your son is innocent, no price is to high, but be realistic. Do not "Mortgage the Farm", if you have any doubts. I would contact the best "Law College" in state, talk to the "Dean" about your options and any advise they may have.

I doubt that you are going to find an attorney for less than that. You can look in the local phone book for the local american bar association and they can give you a list of criminal defense attorneys and perhaps some attorneys that do court appointed cases. You can ask if they know of any that do pro bono cases, it never hurts to ask.

If all else fails and you can't find one, have your son request a court appointed attorney, they will give him a form to fill out and if the court finds that he is indigent, they will appoint him one. If they turn him down the first time go back to the court with the names and firms of at least 3 or 4 attorneys that you have tried to hire and were turned down, that may change his mind and he'll appoint him an attorney.

________________________________________

My problem with this situation is that with a court appointed attorney in this matter you may not receive the type of legal treatment you need. Its beyond me to say if someone is guilty or not but its definitely a situation where you need as good of representation as possible. If your rich you can afford to get this and more. If your poor you have no choice, or do you? I think the idea of asking a dean of a law college is excellent.
I would like to know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites